Do any of you old timers remember the model name of the original Moen single handle kitchen faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Onokai

Reaction score
I grew up with Moen
heres the story-its started before my time on this planet-moen started in 1937

http://www.moen.com/about-moen/the-moen-story

moen-original-catalog.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JMEDGAR

Reaction score
Website
starcraftcustombuilders.com
I grew up with Moen
heres the story-its started before my time on this planet-moen started in 1937

http://www.moen.com/about-moen/the-moen-story

Thanks for the link.

Yes. I read the official Moen history, but it does not mention the model name of the first faucet manufactured in 1947. Ugly thing though it was, it started a revolution in faucet design.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I am not sure that the earliest ones even had a "name", just numbers. Originally, they had several models which had different cores. It was only after they came up with the Dial-Cet tub valve that they used the current 1200, then the 1225, cartridges. "Ugly" is in the eyes of the beholder. The faucet on the GE/Hotpoint all in one sinks used the earliest core style.

JMEDGAR

Reaction score
Website
starcraftcustombuilders.com
I am not sure that the earliest ones even had a "name", just numbers. Originally, they had several models which had different cores. It was only after they came up with the Dial-Cet tub valve that they used the current 1200, then the 1225, cartridges. "Ugly" is in the eyes of the beholder. The faucet on the GE/Hotpoint all in one sinks used the earliest core style.
I think you are right about the cartridges. They always had model or component numbers. But, I'm asking about the faucet itself. It may be that it never had a model name, and my fuzzy recollection of seeing one is wrong, but it seems to me that early in the 1950s they were being advertised as the "Revolutionary <something> single handle faucet from Moen"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks