1. dax321

dax321 New Member

DWV Chart

Please Review

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

Each fixture needs it's own vent. I don't know any inspector that would pass this. Your traps will siphon out.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

Your drains are near a vent, but they are not vented. Throw that drawing away, and make a new one. There is nothing about that one that will work, and in some areas you cannot even connect a drain line to a cleanout.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I suspect that your original plumbing is not really just like you have drawn. Others have pointed out that venting is much more complicated than shown on this drawing. As drawn, nothing is to code.
  5. dax321

dax321 New Member

Thanks For The Feedback!

Thanks ALOT for all the feedback.. I REALLY DO APPRICATE IT!

I will submit a NEW drawing.. PLEASE comment.

Thanks
    Don
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  6. dax321

dax321 New Member

New Chart- Please Comment.. Thanks

New Chart- Please Comment.. Thanks-->i Hope This One Looks Better
    Thanks
    Don

Attached Files:

7. lowered floor OK

here are some things I feel comfortable commenting on.

1. You maybe don't have to build the floor up. As shown below. The shower p-trap might not get in the way. The toilet (which has a p trap inside it) needs room for its drain. Another thread i commented on in the Toilet forum had the same problem of needing to sit an inch high so the drain would connnect.

2. The top part of the vent can be built as shown below. No need to run separate pipes.

3. The washer drain connects into the vent pipe first, before connecting to the drain.

How you get the vent through your building 'envelope' (i.e. to the outside) is not something i can comment on.

I am not a plumber. In my municipality, and in my high-rise concrete building, I wouldn't need as much venting as you have shown - with four vents for four drains/fixtures. I am not a plumber.

david

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  8. I need to hook up with a computer nerd and created a plumbing software that is the simplest to use but creates the best drawings whether isometic or plain stick drawing.

^^^^

Idea above is a future retirement plan, screw saving money.

I've been directed to sites that already offer that but the way they are designed.......you have to be a computer nerd to use it.

We need simplicity.
  9. dax321

dax321 New Member

RUGGED->Thanks for your help

RUGGED->Thanks for your help:mad:
  10. dax321

dax321 New Member

11. Your welcome,

I'm glad I was able to help you out.

I got macular degeneration too.