DIY'er adding a sink in a utility room with washer/dryer

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Fox

Reaction score
My plan is mount a sink next to my side by side dryer/washer. Unfortunately my dryer will sit in between the new sink and washer which has the plumbing and drain centered directly behind. Also the wall is an exterior wall - separating garage from house.
I don't see a real headache here other than running plumbing through 2-3 studs. My concern is the slope between sink and washing machine and getting low to the sill plate. Maybe some headache with vent tube depending on how its run. (I don't have the wall opened up yet).
I also plan to tap into hot/cold and plan to run through studs to the sink.
Question.
Any forseable issues based on what I share above? Suggestions for running through studs and anchoring/strapping?
I am sure I will be back with pics

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Chris Fox

Reaction score
I have the wall open exposing what I pretty much already knew. My concern and question is:
1. What is the best way to cross the dryer vent stack? The only gap I have is about 3/4" to the inside. I can gain about 1/2" by cutting out a section in the OSB. This will still not be enough. My only real option is a reducing a section of the vent stack for fitting in a 1.5" drain pipe? I don't like the idea as this will only become a lint catch. Jogging this to a smaller diameter may not be a big deal over thinking this?

IMG_6622.JPG
IMG_6625.JPG

My softener drain used to drain into p trap of garage sink no big deal. Idea on what connectors to use outside the wall for my 1/2 drain tube?
IMG_6626.JPG

Thanks in advance...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Cut off the dryer vent and run the pipe below it. The dryer hose will adjust to the new location. you don't need ANY connectors for the drain tube, because it CANNOT connect to the drain system. IT must "hang" over the drain you use.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks