Mixet Shower, DIY professional plumbing repairs

Users who are viewing this thread

Holbrook.welder

Reaction score
I took a second job working for a motel doing maintenance and I will only have a certain amount of time I can shut off water to the building, in the shower water leaks from the bathtub spicket almost like it's not turned completely off but it is. I need to know what is most likely the problem and how to get it fixed quickly, it is a single Handle mixet valve. I have attached a picture of the valve.

Thank you
Hbk welder

Attachments

• IMG_20160927_150150845.jpg
    IMG_20160927_150150845.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 229
Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is a Mixet valve and the ONLY repair is to replace the center core, (actually, a better repair would be to install the NoMix core),. In a motel, the valve would usually have individual shutoffs under the chrome plate. Mixet, however has two completely different cores so you have to remove yours to see if it is the long or short pattern.

http://www.nomix.com/index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
If time is of the essence, you could buy both the long and short cores, then return the one you didn't need (and stock up on the other).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks