DiY or No? Please help me decide. 350' 2hp replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Good job, wouldn't u have loved have pulled it with only ur hands rather than the tripod? Lol.

Valveman, it's not that the sch 80 will break. U have to have a descent arc or it will buckle in the connections, especially threaded MxF pipe.

I have done
250' setting
static at 200'
1.5 HP pump
with 1 1/4" sch 80
galv couplings
with only one guy helping me.
No winch or clamps, all out in one piece, and I am not that big.

I have even tested to see how much you can bend it before it breaks at the threads. As long as it is above 50 degrees, you can bend it much more than you think before it breaks.

A 200' set on 1" poly with a static of 4' and I nearly needed to push the pump down the hole. It was so hard to drag the pipe across the ground that it felt like I was pushing it down the hole.

Although I would say that it should be easier for someone who has done a few hundred pumps before. It can be risky for someone who has never seen it done. Because just one thing not set up right, and the whole thing could go south on you.

natopotato

Reaction score

I have been trying to figure out where the tape came from my best guess is that it was wrapped heavily around the metal clamps holding the torque arrestor in place.

natopotato

Reaction score
Here are some pics. I had the timbers from leftover projects and through it together with some deck screws in about an hour.

Tomorrow the project will be finished I am just waiting on a glued fitting to cure. before dropping the last 40' in to the well.

Attachments

• 101_0009.jpg
    101_0009.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 275

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Based on your photo I'm afraid I'm going to have to issue a "stop work" order and notify OSHA. :D

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
i love that u didnt just bs about it for a week then hire it out, instead yall went to work and handled it! ...great job.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Based on your photo I'm afraid I'm going to have to issue a "stop work" order and notify OSHA. :D

I think OSHA should see your photo of that Chinese steel mill worker with his pet snake. Is that during his 10 minute lunch break on a 12 hour day?

Last edited:

natopotato

Reaction score
i love that u didnt just bs about it for a week then hire it out, instead yall went to work and handled it! ...great job.

Well... I must say I have BS'ed around about shit before :) something about a lack of water in the house that was really motivational :D.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks