Diverters, Volume Controls, Thermostatic Valves!! Help!

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by crosby1, Mar 4, 2007.

1. crosby1

crosby1 New Member

Mar 4, 2007
    i'm getting ready to start a bathroom remodel and want to plumb the shower stall for a standard shower head and an overhead (ceiling) mount rainshower.

basically i want to have the temperature controlled, i need to turn the water on and off (but don't need to adjust the volume - full "on" is fine), and i want to have either the shower head OR the rainshower on 1 at a time (not both at the same time).

what do i need for this install and what is the order of installation?

hot and cold supply go to "what" control first, second, and third?

does it matter what types of valves i purchase? kohler has some, but i'm not using kohler shower fixtures. can i just get generic valves from a plumbing supply store and use those?

thanks in advance for any advice.

2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. let it flow

let it flow New Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    That link to the delta site just gives a general home page for their in2ition shower heads. A search for model 1700T on the delta site yields nothing either.