Diverter Valve

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dlt, Nov 5, 2013.

1. dlt

dlt New Member

My husband and I renovated our guest bath with a new tub which includes a shower head. We installed a diverter valve to of course divert the water from the tub to the shower head. I now would like to ADD a handheld shower to the shower head to help make cleaning the tub and shower easier. Since there is a diverter valve diverting the water from the tub to the shower, what kind of diverter do I need to divert the water from the shower head to the handheld shower? Do I need just a two-way diverter or a 3-way diverter. Know this may sound like a stupid question, but so be it.

dlt
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You need the diverter valve which should come with the handheld and attaches to the shower arm, between the arm and the existing shower head.