Diverter Valve

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dlt, Nov 5, 2013.

  1. dlt

    dlt New Member

    North Carolina
    My husband and I renovated our guest bath with a new tub which includes a shower head. We installed a diverter valve to of course divert the water from the tub to the shower head. I now would like to ADD a handheld shower to the shower head to help make cleaning the tub and shower easier. Since there is a diverter valve diverting the water from the tub to the shower, what kind of diverter do I need to divert the water from the shower head to the handheld shower? Do I need just a two-way diverter or a 3-way diverter. Know this may sound like a stupid question, but so be it.

  2. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Cave Creek, Arizona
    You need the diverter valve which should come with the handheld and attaches to the shower arm, between the arm and the existing shower head.
Similar Threads: Diverter Valve
Forum Title Date
Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog Help in Identifying Diverter Valve Stem Jul 14, 2014
Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog PEX size to use from supply to valve to diverter to fixture Jun 14, 2014
Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog Vintagetime Kohler Diverter Valve Stem Replacement Problems May 3, 2014
Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog Danze shower mixing valve/diverter question. Nov 24, 2013
Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog Can this type diverter valve leak behind the wall? Oct 18, 2013

Share This Page