diverter question

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by sly001, Jan 8, 2005.

1. sly001

sly001 New Member

I have some what new tub faucet with a diverter. the old was replaced due to sticking in the up position (so when you turn on the water , you get sprayed with water) . Now this new one is doing the same thing. I have taken it apart and found no deposit or any reason to cause it to stick. Any ideas? :mad:
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

What brand and model?
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

diverter

I assume you mean a tub spout with a diverter, rather than a faucet with a diverter. If so, it is just because it is an inexpensive one and not intended to work forever. Get a Delta or other brand name one, even though it will be more costly.
  4. sly001

sly001 New Member

yes it is a cheap one, but they should last more than a couple months shouldn't they? also thanks for the advice.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

diverter

Yes, they should, but that is why they are inexpensive. At least it is new enough that they should exchange it.