Diverter lever not working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nancy

Reaction score
I had moved into my current house a few years ago, and had not gotten around to recaulking my master bath. Now that I was doing it, I also bought a new shower head. When I went to test the shower head, I saw that most of the water was still coming out of the bottom faucet, which has one of those levers you pull up to divert water to the shower head. I felt inside the faucet, and it feels like there is something (like a gasket?) missing. Is this replace-able or repairable, or do I need to look for a new faucet for my tub?

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Tub Spout

A few spouts are repairable but usually you have to replace them. You do not need to replace the whole faucet. Some spouts connect at the wall and some connect out at the nose outlet. You should remove your spout to identify which one will fit your system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks