Diverter lever not working?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Nancy, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Nancy

Nancy New Member

Nov 22, 2004
    I had moved into my current house a few years ago, and had not gotten around to recaulking my master bath. Now that I was doing it, I also bought a new shower head. When I went to test the shower head, I saw that most of the water was still coming out of the bottom faucet, which has one of those levers you pull up to divert water to the shower head. I felt inside the faucet, and it feels like there is something (like a gasket?) missing. Is this replace-able or repairable, or do I need to look for a new faucet for my tub?
  2. LonnythePlumber

LonnythePlumber Plumber, Contractor, Attorney

Sep 6, 2004
    Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
    Wichita, Kansas
    Tub Spout

A few spouts are repairable but usually you have to replace them. You do not need to replace the whole faucet. Some spouts connect at the wall and some connect out at the nose outlet. You should remove your spout to identify which one will fit your system.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement