disposal backup in to other sink

Users who are viewing this thread

sspeed

Reaction score
What I think is happening, is that water is sitting in the p-trap as it should be. When the disposal turns on it's sending water through with so much force that it's hitting that water in the p-trap and splashing back up before draining, sort of like dropping something in the toilet and having water splash back up.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
In theory (works best in a vacuum) when the Horizontal pipe hits the vertical transition, Gravity is all that makes it go Down, Instead of up.

But in that instance when the full force hits that transition, You are seeing what I would call normal. Because the the force is so great.

I bet they have a fix for that, But I would cover the other outlet with a Strainer, until a pro comes around with the correct solution.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks