Dishwasher under Granite countertop

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by sanjivji, Jun 27, 2009.

1. sanjivji

sanjivji New Member

I have GE Dishwasher model GLD5500L00BB
    Recently got Granite countertops installed but the person forgot to
    hook the dishwasher under granite countertop
    Hence when the dishwasher shelves are pulled
    outside ..it tends to tip forward /come out.
    How do i hook the dishwasher so it does not tip forward...
    Do I screw it to granite or is it possible to hook this model on side cabinets ?

I read on internet about granite grabbers(http://www.granitegrabbers.com/)
    are there any isssues using it ? ...does it work as shown

Thks in advance
  2. TedL

TedL New Member

Why not call the granite people and have them fix their oversight/mistake? You don't want to create an problem and have them disavow responsibility because of what you did.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Dw

You cannot fasten it to the granite. Order part #GPF65 to fasten it to the cabinets.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

5. rmelo99

rmelo99 Network Engineer

6. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Sounds like a convenient thread to drop mfgs. names of these types of products. :rolleyes:
  7. rmelo99

rmelo99 Network Engineer

Just a homeowner here so no stabs at me!

But...there are several of these "gizmos" out on the market to address this very problem. I know I found 3 or 4 when I was looking. I chose this one because of it's simplicity and cost. $4 plus shipping was well worth it for the ease and convenience..
  8. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Recently installed a Kenmore tall tub for my daughter....it came standard with an alternate side hookup bracket.