Dishwasher service manual needed

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by lottia, Jan 1, 2010.

1. lottia

lottia DIY Member

Happy New Year, plumbers!

We've had our "new" Whirlpool dishwasher (Model GU3600XTSB1) for 2 years. Our old dishwasher required cleaning of filters and disposal blades from time-to-time.

I'd like to check the condition of those parts in our new dishwasher, but have been having trouble finding a service manual for it.

Any ideas on where to look? I already have the User's Manual, Installation Instructions, and a Parts List from the Whirlpool web-site in-hand.

I can probably dismantle it from the Parts List, but it would be great to know what kinds of service are even possible, before I start taking it apart.

Looking forward to your replies, as always,
    Annette
  2. frenchie

frenchie Jack of all trades

3. lottia

lottia DIY Member

Thanks, but I already have these documents . I'm looking for the technical service manual that a professional repair person might use. a
  4. Cookie

Cookie .

You might want to place a Wanted, post on Craigslist.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

manual

Go to any GOOD appliance parts store, and they will have repair manuals for all the dishwashers. Call first to be sure they will sell to consumers.
  6. lottia

lottia DIY Member

Great suggestion!

Thanks, HJ! I love making a trip to Pacific Appliance Parts (WL May). It's a classic parts store run by real people who want to help. A