Dishwasher Rough In

Users who are viewing this thread

duartejoe

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm new to DIY and to this forum... I have had a new Kitchen Added on and am trying to install my Sink, Faucet, Trap, DW, and Disposer myself on a single bowl sink. I have a question on the electrical. I have an outlet in the adjacent cabinet for plugging it in. I am wondering how to keep my electrical line in the shaded area of the rough in diagram in the install manual? According to the diagram, I need to keep all the drain, water and electrical lines 4" from the back wall, and 2 3/4" from the floor. Then the lines need to be confined to a 6" path on either side of the unit along the floor 2 1/2" from the sides. How do I keep the lines in those areas when i slide the unit in and out?

My other dilemma is that I have tile on the floor and about 4" of tile as a kick plate around the bottom of the entire "bay" for the unit. How do I get around the manufactures requirements without drilling into my tile? The stuff is tough and I don't want to go that route....

see images... Sorry they are sideways.... Could not upload otherwise!

Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

• 1.GIF
    1.GIF
    10.3 KB · Views: 2,975
  • 2.GIF
    2.GIF
    11.9 KB · Views: 3,047

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Then the lines need to be confined to a 6" path on either side of the unit along the floor 2 1/2" from the sides. How do I keep the lines in those areas when i slide the unit in and out?
You need to slide the pipes through and push the unit back almost at the same time. You get all the lines started then slowly slide the unit into place. You need to decide what your going to do with getting the lines into the cabinet. If the tile is that hard they do make some nice drill bits to cut a nice hole through tile.

duartejoe

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks Patrick.... I suppose I'll have to push it in and have someone take up the slack as I go.... Thanks again!

duartejoe

Reaction score
Moisture Barrier

I also need to moisture proof the cut out area.. The manual says to use a moisture barrier or oil based paint. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks