Dishwasher Rack

Users who are viewing this thread

dithom0037

Reaction score
I am in the process of readying my home for resale. I have updated my kitchen but although my dishwasher still looks and performs great, my lower rack has several prongs missing. It is a Whirlpool and I looked on their website so I could order a new one. Is there a conspiracy between the dishwasher companies to force you to replace the entire unit when the prongs start falling out? The only thing I could order was a repair kit? I had to laugh as I'm wondering what would look worse, the missing prongs or the rigged replacement job? These racks are easily removable and I can't believe there isn't someone who can sell me a new one. Any ideas?

pkj

Reaction score
dithom0037 said:
I am in the process of readying my home for resale. I have updated my kitchen but although my dishwasher still looks and performs great, my lower rack has several prongs missing. It is a Whirlpool and I looked on their website so I could order a new one. Is there a conspiracy between the dishwasher companies to force you to replace the entire unit when the prongs start falling out? The only thing I could order was a repair kit? I had to laugh as I'm wondering what would look worse, the missing prongs or the rigged replacement job? These racks are easily removable and I can't believe there isn't someone who can sell me a new one. Any ideas?

have you tried contacting a small family owned appliance store locally? they are more helpful than the bigger stores...i've had good luck when needing small replacement parts.

dithom0037

Reaction score
pkj said:
have you tried contacting a small family owned appliance store locally? they are more helpful than the bigger stores...i've had good luck when needing small replacement parts.
pkj - Thanks for the heads up! The first company I called gave me a number and they not only have the part, they are local and I'm on my way over to pick it up. This web site is great! :D

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd forget about it (although you're probably on your way to the store now) because unless this is a dishwasher less than a couple years old, one of the first things they'll do is buy a new/better dishwasher, especially if this is an old dishwasher in a new kitchen. It's probably a noisy high energy user that is outdated.

That's my two cents worth and as CX says on John Bridge.com: advice worth the price charged.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Often the manufacturer is not the best place to look for appliance parts....it is very much an aftermarket situation. As you have already found out, the internet and the local appliance parts distributor have excellent access to parts indexes, and most of the parts will be OEM to boot.

dithom0037

Reaction score
I am now the proud owner of a new dishwasher rack! It set me back $70 but worth it to me.... Only took two hours to figure out how to use their plastic hardware to install the two "tilt racks!"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks