dishwasher issues

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by northernva, Jul 20, 2010.

1. northernva

northernva New Member

My dishwasher is draining out of the air gap. I have replaced the air gap and the hose that goes from the air gap to the drain but it is still draining out of the air gap. I then unhooked the drain hose from the drain and put it in a bucket. The dishwasher then drained normally. I looked at the drain itself and can not see any clogs. What could the problem be?
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

The drain from the air gap down needs to pitch to the drain and it must be clean without any kinks...

The airgap is doing it's job the drain out from it is not...
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The problem is in the hose leading down to the drain....either the hose is kinked, or the nipple at the disposer or the drain wye is clogged. Stick a pencil into the nipple....