dishwasher drains water but not suds- please help

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by stanleyoutdoors, Nov 21, 2011.

1. stanleyoutdoors

stanleyoutdoors New Member

My adora quietpower3 dishwasher is not getting the the soap out.
    I blew compressed air thru the drain line and it is open. Likewise the drain it goes into. I hooked 110 VAC power up to the drain pump motor and it turned fine. I also cleaned the drain screen inside. I put the drain line into a bucket and it pumped out about 1 gallon of water. But at the end of a wash cycle it still has about 6 inches of suds at the bottom of the washer and the dishes are still sudsy. It's about 2 yeas old. I never had to use a rinse agent before.
    Thanks for any help
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

There should be no discernible suds in a dishwasher. Are you sure the wrong soap didn't get in there? A dishwasher pump will not pump out suds.
  3. mtcummins

mtcummins In the Trades

you're not using dish soap are you? that will give that effect, if it doesn't basically explode the door and run out all over the floor... you can only use dishwasher detergent in a dishwasher. made a few service calls b/c of this mistake.
  4. jacobsond

jacobsond DIY Junior Member

Dishwasher soap does not foam. You have the wrong soap in there. Run a load without dishes or soap and put come cooking oil in there to kill the foam or get some defoamer they use for hot tubs to kill that foam.
  5. stanleyoutdoors

stanleyoutdoors New Member

I'm using the same dishwasher soap that never foamed in the past. It just started doing this recently
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You did not accidently put soap in the "JetDri" dispenser did you? ANY suds should be broken up and flushed out during the rinse cycle, unless something is creating more suds during that cycle, OR no water is entering the dishwasher during that cycle.