Dishwasher direct drain to basement and main soil stack

Users who are viewing this thread

AlaninTO

Reaction score
Guys,
We are in the middle of a gut job reno on the whole house. We have another 12 months to go before I fit the kitchen (the last job). When I do it, I will be moving the sink to the location of the dishwasher. However for the next 12 months there is a doorway between the dishwasher and the sink so I need to install a direct drain for the dishwasher through the floor.
I have been thinking about how to stop the risk of siphon forming and don’t want to create a s-trap, by having an air gap then, P-trap and then going vertical to get into the basement.
The basement is not finished so I can get to everything (until I refinish the kitchen when I will move it all again).
I have tried to draw out my plan. I wanted to check if I was creating any issues with such a long horizontal run to the stack. My only issue is the distance from the dry vent (2m). is this a issue?
I know the standard is to connect to the sink above the sink trap but, I can’t get to the sink drain with the door in the way.
Let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• drain runs.jpg
    drain runs.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,965
Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
That will suck the water right out of the dishwasher! ;) You will need to install a standpipe with the trap and vent above the floor, just like one would do for a proper laundry standpipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks