Dishwasher air gap

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jdub, Nov 4, 2007.

1. jdub

jdub New Member

I failed to stick in a air gap when installing my new kitchen. I have a peninsula counter where my sink and dishwash is located with a 42" bar on the backside. The bldg inspector that came out said he has seen an under bar air gap that looked like a hockey puck. It seems like I would get water on my floor from this application. Has anybody heard of this and can direct me to somewhere I can purchase one?

2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Any kind of undercounter air gap would be a receipe for a flood. I suspect he is talking about an Air Admittance Valve, which is sometimes used for the vent on an island sink, but is not related to the air gap requirement.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement