Dishwasher air gap

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by jdub, Nov 4, 2007.

1. jdub

jdub New Member

I failed to stick in a air gap when installing my new kitchen. I have a peninsula counter where my sink and dishwash is located with a 42" bar on the backside. The bldg inspector that came out said he has seen an under bar air gap that looked like a hockey puck. It seems like I would get water on my floor from this application. Has anybody heard of this and can direct me to somewhere I can purchase one?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Any kind of undercounter air gap would be a receipe for a flood. I suspect he is talking about an Air Admittance Valve, which is sometimes used for the vent on an island sink, but is not related to the air gap requirement.