Disconnecting outdoor plumbing?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by CGHSW, Jan 11, 2010.

1. CGHSW

CGHSW DIY Junior Member

I am taking down an outdoor bathhouse and need to disconnect the show and sink water pipes that run to them. The pipes are made of the old gray plastic and come down from the attic. Do I need to go into the attic and find where they are coming from up there to disconnect them, or can I somehow put a clamp or fixture on the outside by the shower?
    Also, what is the best way to clamp these?
    Thanks!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If the pipes aren't subject to freezing, you could just cap them. You could use sharkbit fittings...just cut the pipe, clean the burr off the end, and push them on. If they are subject to freezing, you'd want to do this back where that wouldn't be an issue. The pipe should be marked to indicate the type of material. You could get a cap for nearly anything, but if it is a glued connection, you'd have to ensure it was dry first, which can be a pain. No problem with that on the Sharkbite fitting.