Dirt Residue In The Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Denisetortega

Reaction score
The toilet started running and dirt is in my toilet bowl after a mainline was repaired. I am not getting any other dirt anywhere else just in the downstairs toilet. Additionally, the toilet is fairly new. Not sure what the problem is?

Reach4

Reaction score
The toilet started running and dirt is in my toilet bowl after a mainline was repaired. I am not getting any other dirt anywhere else just in the downstairs toilet. Additionally, the toilet is fairly new. Not sure what the problem is?
By mainline, do you mean a city pipe? Your neighbors may be affected too. In that case, I would ask the city to flush the pipe. They do that regularly in most areas by opening a fire hydrant.

Did you look at your aerators? They may have picked up dirt also. If the dirt is dense, maybe it favored the path to the lower toilet over the path to the higher toilet. Look in the toilet tanks. Do you see dirt?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks