Direct to stud bathtub install question

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Radagast, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Radagast

Radagast New Member

I'm installing a direct to stud 60" bathtub and have found the studs to be 60.5" apart. This leaves a noticeable .5" gap. What is the correct way to account for this? Should I push the tub up against one side and then extend all the studs on the other side out .5" so they are flush against the tub flange? Won't I then have to increase every stud on that wall by a matching .5" so the drywall lines up correctly?

Thanks
  2. BAPlumber

BAPlumber Plumber

center the tub so there is .25" on each end. When the greenboard, or whatever your using, is installed you'll never notice it. Or, move it to one side and fur out the other for a tight fit, then the entire wall as needed
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tub

Center the tub.