Different standpipe sizes?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by mike04gt, Jan 4, 2009.

1. mike04gt

mike04gt New Member

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone knows if they make a standpipe back seal in any other sizes than 4"???

My drain opening in the floor is 4.5", but I cannot locate any other larger sizes online or at any of the local plumbing stores.

Thanks~
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Gonna need a pic so we can see the type of pipe you have.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

seal

That's because there is no 4 1/2" pipe. The next size above 4" is 5" and it is such a rare beast, that 6" is most likely to be found.
  4. gardner

gardner DIY Senior Member

5. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

That is 4" ID pipe Go ahead and buy the stand pipe adapter, tighten the screws a bit so its will fit in snug, once you get it in the pipe tighten the screws, the rubber will expand enough to make a seal.
  6. mike04gt

mike04gt New Member

Yea, its an old cast iron floor drain that measures an odd 4 1/2" opening size.

Just wanted to make sure it can fit before I buy one, thanks alot!