Difference between Panasonic bathroom fans?

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by theomms, Nov 2, 2011.

1. theomms

theomms New Member

First off: great site!

I am installing a new bathroom fan. I am going with a Panasonic, but I am having trouble telling the difference between the models that I am looking at.

FV-08VK3 WhisperGreen
    FV-08VQ3 WhisperCeiling
    FV-08VQ5 WhisperCeiling

Do you guys know the difference?

For background, the fan is going into a basement level bathroom and the ceiling joists are 2" x 8". TIA.
  2. theomms

theomms New Member

Okay I called Panasonic and talked to a nice girl in the Philippines. She didn't know anything about bathroom fans but was able to tell me that the WhisperGreen line is rated for continuous use and uses DC motors. The WhisperCeiling line uses AC motors and is rated for "spot" use. The Dimensions and the installation are the same for both.

Not sure if there are any other differences, but I ordered the FV-08VK3 WhisperGreen it was $15 more expensive than the WhisperCeiling. Hopefully that was the right choice.