Dielectric nipple needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dctrjones

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking these forums for a while now and am very impressed with the wealth of information presented! Now it's time for me to ask for some advice.

I had a new boiler installed about 4 years ago and recently have noticed one nipple that is starting to rust out. The nipple is between the backflow preventer and what I believe to be a pressure valve. The nipple at the bottom of the pic is connected to the hot pipe coming from the boiler. See the attached pic.

Should I replace this with a dielectric nipple to avoid anymore future corrosion?

What I find interesting is the nipple below the "pressure valve" doesn't show any signs of the similar corrosion.

web.jpg

Dctrjones

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Of course it needs to be brass . . . I don't know what I was thinking!

Must have been the previous thread that got me thinking about dielectric fittings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks