did I jack up my fleck 2510?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I have an iron remover and was doing some tank maintenance so I decided to clean out my birm tank and check out the valve. I manually turned it to backwash and got sick of waiting so I just unplugged it and unhooked it and cleaned everything up real nice. Well my problem is I unplugged it right in the middle of the backwash then turned the gears with the pin afterwards and I think it may be out of sync. When its supposedly in-service I'm getting horrible water and I'm thinking the valve really isn't in the right position. How can I reset that to normal if I don't really know where its at? Does that make sense?

Reaction score
I just did some experimenting now that I'm home from work and it appears that the piston valve will return to the service position no matter how hard you try and screw it up by removing power and manually turning the timer dial. I put it in a few different stages and unplugged it then put the dial back in the service position skipping all the other stages. Once plugged back in it goes right back to service. The wiring diagram hinted at that by referring to a home cam. Just posting this in case someone else runs across it.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes the system has a "home" switch. I believe the reason you got nasty water after you brought the unit back to service is because you distribed the media bad. Anytime you start a backwash on an iron filter, you should allow it to rinse throughly before placing back into service.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Correct, the valve can be "short cycled" but it no matter how hard you try to screw it up, it will find home.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to let it run another cycle and see if the water improves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks