Did I finally do it right???

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by gmrules, May 30, 2009.

1. gmrules

gmrules New Member

I spoke to a local plumber ans he said that if I came ouot of the wall to a 90 horizontally and then a 90 staright up to sanitary Tee this would be considered a new combination stack and should be ok

Here is pic of I hope my last attempt. is this correct and will I finally pass code?

Thanks for ur help and pls be nice if I messed it up AGAIN :D It is straight the camera was on a angle

Attached Files:

2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Why all the 90's? :confused:
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Sorry, you have an S trap. The problem is the tee in the drain line is too low. The tail piece from the P trap needs to go straight into the tee. The only solution I can see is to cut into the wall, cut the old tee out, and extend the drain pipe upward. Then add a new tee and adapter for the tail piece.
  4. gmrules

gmrules New Member

The pip comes out of the wall 2" above the bottom of the cabinet so I needed to raise it up, so I put the first horizontal 90 to allow me more room to tie into the p trap. the second 90 was to raise it up.

The pipe in the wall comes in horizontal along the wall the same way as the lower pipe I have and then turns up
  5. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

The bottowm of the trap must be below the outlet. You have an S trap there.
  6. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

That santee looks like it's pointed upwards...
  7. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

The pipe in the wall...

Does it run horizontal or, vertical?
  8. It aint pretty

it will work but it is not pretty...
  9. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

If that thing above the tee is an air admittance valve it will work, but so would coming up out of the tee without going sideways first. And just doing what you did, does not make it a combination waste and vent system. To do that would require pipe size changes and other revisions which would have been economically impractical for you.
  10. Cass

Cass Plumber

the AAV is supposed to be as high as possible...that one is to low...The whole thing is wrong but will probably work for a while...just doen't ever try and snake it...