Diagram/vent 2

Users who are viewing this thread

FromParis

Reaction score
Hello again guys.
I have been checking what I can do based on the comments I received.
here is the new diagram. i hope it s easier to understand...You can guess that I cannot connect the shower directly to the drain...

plumbing 3.jpg

I have 2 questions:

1- Is revent 3 really needed?
2- I put the shower as wet vented. But I think there is too much distance between the drain and the vent. Would it be OK if the vent is put at the intersection of the lavatories and shower drain? otherwise, I can put a vent #4.

Thank you,

Olivier

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
VEnt #3 is cosmetic and serves no functional purpose. The problem with the tub is its distance from the drain connection, and it makes no difference where the vent is on that pipe, it will not make the shower "legal".

FromParis

Reaction score
VEnt #3 is cosmetic and serves no functional purpose. The problem with the tub is its distance from the drain connection, and it makes no difference where the vent is on that pipe, it will not make the shower "legal".

Thank you HJ for the answer. that was I thought...

So, here are my final 2 propositions: Does it work and it is better with revent 3 or 3 bis?
This is probably my last attempt as I am out of ideas. Problem is it is hard to find a good plumber in Calgary (jobs and contracts everywhere!! good for them though...).

I really do appreciate your help.

plumbing 4.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks