Dezincification of hydronic towel warmer

Users who are viewing this thread

uscpsycho

Reaction score
Hello, I've lurked from time to time but I'm a first time poster here so go easy on me if I violate any forum rules. I did search and didn't find any info about this.

I'm planning to put a hydronic towel warmer in my bathroom on an open loop system. The towel warmer is stainless steel so it should resist dezincification but I understand that dezincification is still a possibility and that manufacturers will not warrant against it.

How common is dezincification in this application and can anything be done to prevent it from happening?

If I get a leak from dezincification is there any way to repair it or does the towel warmer have to be replaced at that point?

I like the idea of having a towel warmer (electric warmer isn't feasible in this case) but not if the lifespan isn't loooooong as I would expect it to be since it has zero moving parts and zero electronics.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks