Developing a spring head

Users who are viewing this thread

George Williams

Reaction score
I have a wonderful spring that I have been using for several years. This spring delivers water to a several hundred gallon resevoir. This system works fine, but silt clogs my outlet pipe too often and stops water flow, always at the worst possible times.:(

Can someone help with a plan, or site where I might find plans to better catch the water from my spring?

Thanks all, for any help you can give.
George

George Williams

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

I don't have any pictures, but I'll try with words. I started by digging a hole at the spring head about 10in by 12 in and about 6 inches deep. I places 2 plastic 1/2in pipes(one to the resevoir and one for draining and cleaning, plugged with a cork). I then put about 3/4 inch of concrete, creating a little basin. Next I created a wall with a cap block and hydro concrete trying to make it kind in water tight. The cover, is piece of plywood to keep leaves and dirt from falling into the spring head.

Perhaps I need a larger version of this as silt coming up with the water clogs the filter and outgoing pipe. Since I will probably need to rebuild, any help with a better desigh will be appriciated.

Thanks,
George

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks