determining valve model

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by wallywombat, Jan 4, 2013.

1. wallywombat

wallywombat New Member

I have a Grohe shower valve that I need to determine the model. It has one control for the temperature and then one valve that turns the water on and off. I know that the valve was installed prior to 2004. I can post pictures of it later, but any suggestions are appreciated.

CB
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Call Grohe! Their tech support is usually pretty good, and I've had them e-mail me the install manual when I've misplaced it for future reference. It sounds like a thermostatically controlled valve...if the cartridge is bad, they're fairly expensive. WHen replacing it, you must also recalibrate the temperature control knob, and that takes an accurate, fast reading thermometer, a little time, and the instructions.