detached garage and plumbing code

Users who are viewing this thread

redbandit98

Reaction score
Ok, first off dont BBQ me yet...I'm just asking some questions as I'm considering a few different options. I would like to relocate my water heater (tank style) to my garage. I am also going to install a shop heater, both are natural gas. My garage is considered detached. There is an open carport between it and my house. The carport and my house share the same attic, the garage has its own. The carport and the garage do have a common wall though. I was wondering what kind (if any) plumbing codes exist for this type of installation. I do not currently have gas or water in the garage. My plan was to run the gas line first and install the shop heater. The water heater is just an idea that I was kicking around. I have a small house and could really use the closet its in right now. I plan on getting all required permits to do the work, I just want to make sure its even possible before I proceed with anything. If I am not mistaken, the only drain I would need for the water heater could be plumbed outside the the garage wall, just as it is in the house.

Thanks,
Matt

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks