Demolition Advice

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by DIYlady, Jun 14, 2005.

1. DIYlady

DIYlady New Member

I have an old bathroom attached to my garage. I am removing the bathroom. I need to have the slab jackhammered, but I am wondering about the plumbing in the slab. There are cold water supply lines and a toilet & shower drain. Should I expect to have these lines damaged in the demo ? If the old toilet line is connected to the sewer (which I am not sure is the case) what do I need to do before / after the demolition ? The water supply lines are connected to my outside water and I have a shut off available for that separate from the house water. Any info would be appreciated.
  2. slab demo

its probably best to find where the water lines

go into the slab from the crawl space?? or basement??

then cut and cap them off

the drain line is not as critical.... I woudl guess that you can jsut break up the slab and follow that drain back to wehichever directioin it goes

eventually its either going to find its way back into the house of find its way directly to the sewer....

its just a matter of capping off the 3 ro 4 inch line with something
    like a fernco test cap or a pvc coupling and a plug which would work fine...