Delta vs. Panasonic bathroom exhaust fans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I have not compared them, but I have put in a Panasonic unit at my mother's house...you have to listen VERY carefully to tell if it is on. I installed one of their moisture sensors as the power switch which also ensures it will run long enough to actually dry the room out once it gets steamy if you forget. I think those with it integrated into the fan may be a better choice, since it actually senses condensation, not humidity, and that will happen on the ceiling before it gets down to the wall switch, but it still does work as an afterthought.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I like Panasonic. I got one years ago since I needed a vertical mount bathroom fan and Panasonic made one.

Very, very quiet and strong air flow.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
My review of the Panasonic Whisper Quiet Bathroom Fans

Panasonic is my vote. I can n0t say I know any different since we only install Panasonic fans and have so for the past 13 years.

I have had two complaints from clients in this time. Both complaints where the same.

THE FAN IS NOT WORKING JOHN

In fact when I went to check the fan was in fact on and the client could not hear it. The other time the fan was off and when I turned it on the client did not believe it was working so I held a piece of toilet paper in my hand and showed the client it getting sucked into the grill.

The fans are easyish to take apart and clean well. My first personal fan is now 13 years old and I have taken it fully apart and wished it three times.

Claythrow

Reaction score
I also have a panasonic (whatever the top model is) & it is extremely quiet. Install was easy & even being so quiet it moves a ton of air. It's remarkable. In the down stairs I have a Delta & someday I will replace it with the same panasonic unit I have upstairs.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
..... In the down stairs I have a Delta & someday I will replace it with the same panasonic unit I have upstairs.

And there you have it. Someone with both fans.

An interesting subject came up on a design call with clients and a designer. If your powder room for guests is close to the kitchen or dinning room area you might consider buying a cheaper noise fan. This will let your guests feel more comfortable with background cover noise.

Just a thought.

panasonic-fan-terrylove-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Claythrow

Reaction score
lol, I never thought of that.

I usually just sing very loudly while I'm in there, hard core rap music, tends to draw attention away from what I am really doing in there.

SWong

Reaction score
I've installed a Panasonic FV-11VQ5 and could not been happier! Prior to my recent basement bathroom renovation we had a mongo sized humidity problem and when the wife and I decided to renovate we researched at length then decided on Panasonic. My thoughts are when you replace your exhaust fan seriously consider going "as large as possible" since humidity is the enemy for all homeowners. The largest exhaust fan I could fit between the joists was a 110 CFM fan as the next size up meant butchering up the joists. 4-inch ductwork for us however if you can fit a 6-inch duct it's better because the turns and diameter of the ductwork are a chokepoint for exhausted air
DSC00082.JPG
DSC00050.JPG
DSC00072.JPG
DSC00186.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks