Delta Tub Spout Water Flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Monickam1

Reaction score
...can't be right/normal. This is new install. Called Delta and sent a picture. They said 1) could be debris in the line. 2) installed incorrectly (that didn't set well with the plumber :eek:) or 3) needs to be replaced. I tried removing this gray plastic "dome" thinking it might be a water saver. Delta said it was part of the diverter.

Water flow will have a "gap" somewhere else at any given time. It's not a consistent flow pattern. And the amt of water that comes out really isn't adequate for us. Definitely not what we're used to. My Jado tub faucet is 8 years old . The water comes out in a fat aerated (but not too aerated) stream. The water stream can fluctuate at will and/or with the a change in water temp setting and water pressure. Sometimes it kicks water out to the side. Sometimes it all comes together like it should (but doesn't stay). It's crazy and I'm hoping it's not the new "normal". Plumber took it apart and looked for debris. Delta is sending a new one but plumber said he expects it will work the same way. Water coming out in 2-4 separate streams (that fluctuate) doesn't seem normal to me.
Does this look normal? Hope not! Does it look defective or...??? Is there anything I can remove that will allow more water flow? I'm in the country. There are no permits to pull, no inspections or code. I just want a decent flow of water that is consistent and solid (no gaping areas that fluctuate.
Thanks,
Monica (who is actually NOT a new member but the site wouldn't take my user name & pw)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Did the supply pipes and valve get changed? Did you happen to use PEX or CPVC? Is the valve 1/2" or 3/4", and is it the same as the old one?

Monickam1

Reaction score
New valve and supply pipes. Delta MultiChoice Universal Valve. I don't know about the size. Didn't use PEX I don't know about CPVC.
Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The reason I asked about the piping is that any plastic pipe will have a smaller ID than copper, and if the new valve got stepped down from say 3/4" for the new valve and the old one was 3/4", you'd definitely notice a reduction in volume.

The valve will have a gpm rating on it. Sometimes it's hard to find in the documentation, and you might need to call Delta, but I'd check with a bucket and a stopwatch to see what kind of volume you are getting.

Monickam1

Reaction score
Delta Linden Monitor® 17 Series Shower with In2ition® Two-in-One Shower w/ MultiChoice(R) Universal Tub and Shower Valve Body - R10000-IP
has a gpm rating of 2.5

Concerning the way the water is coming out of the faucet, is it supposed to look like that? And the fact that it is fluctuating? What would cause it to not come out in a steady stream, not divided? Would you have any idea what is causing it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks