Delta Tub Spout Leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe Weekley

Reaction score
The tub faucet in our second bathroom is leaking from the wall side whenever the shower diverter is pulled up. It only occurs in shower mode, not when the water is coming from the tub spout. From what I can see by looking under the tub/into the wall from the Jacuzzi access panels, it is NOT leaking behind the tile. It has a small, steady stream coming from the bottom of the trim piece.

It is a Delta faucet and I believe it is a 400 series (marked on the shower valve trim) with screw in spout. When it originally started, I removed the spout and re-wrapped the threads with PTFE tape, but now I don't believe the leak is coming from that connection. Thank you in advance for any assistance. I've included a couple pictures showing the leak.

Thanks
--Joe

20160618_172428.jpg 20160618_172555.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks