Delta tub/shower valve drip

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Had a call on a dripping tub valve. When I got through fixing it, it still dripped. Not what I had in mind; let me paint you a picture and let's see what comes back.
Delta t/s valve installed in a knee wall as a tub only set-up with just a tub spout. I took out the little Pillsbury doughboy cartridge and installed new springs and washers. Still leaked
Checked the expansion tank and the bladder was obviously blown out, so I replaced it. Still leaked.
Went and got a new cartridge and installed it. Still leaked.
The pressure was hovering around 79#and wouldn't adjust at all, so I went and got a new PRV and installed it. Still leaked.
So what's left?
The only suspect I have is maybe the after-market cartridge I put in there. I went shopping for a Delta brand and came back with a Danco. They got what they got (HD) . The cartridge I replaced may also be aftermarket, not sure. I installed a Danco 10347 made for Delta 1300 and 1400 series T/S faucets. It kind of went in not smoothly.
Feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Tub only setup. Picked up a factory cartridge today and will go try that in a little while. Better work, my bag of tricks is nearly empty.
Just got back. The Delta cartridge did the trick. I'll be avoiding the Danco products in the future. Live and learn.

Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Glad you solve your problem.

Maybe you didn't know, but Delta will send you parts, free for life, with no hassle.

Next time don't bother with parts which maybe fit or maybe not.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I hear you, dj. I was under the gun on that job and had to get it done asap.

Everything was explained to the customer, I was to get the correct part and return and install it, which should finish up the job to everyone's satisfaction no further charges. But no, the Dad, who was totally out of the loop, decided to get involved and show everyone how to get things done. He verbally abused my wife over the phone for twenty minutes. My wife is chronically ill and rarely has a good day anymore. She had a meltdown and had to go to bed.

I returned to the job, second day, and replaced the chicken-shit Danco cartridge and everything was fine.

Hey Terry, can I borrow that crossbow? My .45 would wake the baby.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks