Delta Toilets with FlushIQ

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
So, just in time for Christmas, Delta has started advertising its FlushIQ toilets on TV. The original model, the Brevard, is basically a Delta Prelude with an extra $120 of gizmos in the tank to allow a touchless flush and then some. To look at the diagrams, it certainly doesn't fit with the concept of keeping it simple. Sensors in the bowl to sense a prolonged excessive water rise so you can't flush again and cause an overflow. Sensors in the tank to prevent it from refilling if the water is draining out uncommanded. You hook up a wire between the two when you install the tank on the bowl. Good luck finding parts 20 years from now, although Delta is one of a handful of companies that will probably stand behind the product for that long.

Runs on 4 c-cells or in the alternative AA cells. Available at Home Depot.

I guess Delta's experiment with Toilets has worked out well enough that they are proceeding to expand their line.

delta_hands_free_07.jpg

Frighteningly-complex guts shown here:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/5b/5b7aba7e-9cc0-4555-b0c4-dd435d8fbc7c.pdf

Page 11 has diagrams.

flushiq_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I find it amazing that we have come to the point where pushing a lever is too much work so we replace the simple trip lever with a complex and expensive device.

Reach4

Reaction score
The bit about the toilet refusing to overflow sounds sounds useful.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A few pictures of one we installed. Homeowner provided. I would love to have gotten some feedback from her.

delta_hands_free_01.jpg

delta_hands_free_02.jpg

delta_hands_free_05.jpg

The overflow sensor. They may need it :)
Somebody is going to be glad they have that.

delta_hands_free_06.jpg

delta_hands_free_08.jpg

FlushIQ from Delta.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
If the finish in that bathroom is representative of the materials used in the home, that's one fine home, even with the tiny toilet nook. I'm imagining it next to a spectacular shower or something.

In any event, if I'm right about the kind of home, I'm sorry I'm not looking at a Neorest or at least a Soiree, Lloyd or Legato in that spot. In a home of the quality I am imagining, a $279 toilet is like putting the cheapest builder-grade toilet in a typical home.

Tell me I'm wrong and that the toilet nook is the nicest part of the home...

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
As Caleb the Camel says, "Nice."

Hard to believe with all that marble and tile work, they couldn't spring $500 for a similar-quality toilet...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks