Delta shower slowly goes from hot to lukewarm

Users who are viewing this thread

Chrisexv6

Reaction score
Delta Monitor 17 series with R1000 rough in valve. As we take a shower, the first 10 minutes or so are fine. After that, you slowly need to turn the temp control to the hot side to maintain the temp, but then eventually even that doesnt keep up anymore.

I initially thought it was a problem with the water heater, but as the shower gets cooler, the sink (same bathroom, 5' away) maintains very hot water....MUCH hotter than the shower

The cartridge is installed correctly. Ive made sure there is good flow through the valve (without the cartridge installed I opened the service stops and let clean water blow through). The cartridge does rattle if shaken while uninstalled.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Chris

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks