Delta shower hammering

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeremy99

Reaction score
Hello, I replaced a Delta shower cartridge on my single handle shower to stop a leak. The leak stopped but now when I turn the sink off or the toilet shuts off after a flush, I can hear hammering coming from the shower. There was some rust colored water coming out of the faucet after turning the water back on. So there might be sediment in the pipes. I even tried putting the original one back in with the springs and rubber seals from the new cartridge. Its the 1300 and 1400 series cartridge. Any ideas how to stop the hammering and knocking?

Jeremy99

Reaction score
I fixed it. After reading a similar post about the same problem here, I looked at the valve I bought and it was a Danco. I replaced it with a Delta original part and the knocking went away. Danco = JUNK. You guys know your parts here thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks