Delta shower diverter

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Brander, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Brander

Brander New Member

I have a bathtub shower with a Delta Scald Guard control with a push-in diverter to switch the flow to the shower head. The diverter valve is not working properly, so some water continues to come out of the tub spout when the flow is diverted to the shower. Can anyone tell me if there is a repair or replacement kit available for the diverter valve? I don't know if my description is enough to go on but I can't determine a model number for the control.
    Thanks, Brander
  2. yes ..they make one

yes you can buy those spring loaded push in diverters
    just about at tnay supply house....

it jsut unscrews once you take the face plate off ....

I think that they cost about 20 bucks.
  3. Brander

Brander New Member

Master Plumber Mark

Thanks for the info. Are the diverters universal fit or should I remove mine and take it in to the plumbing supply to get a match?
    Thanks, Brander
  4. got_nailed

got_nailed DIY Senior Member

I would remove and take it with you.
  5. Brander

Brander New Member

Thanks, I'll take it with me.
  6. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I just did a similar repair on my daughter's shower. I replaced all of the "guts" while I was at it. Cost is very reasonable. Always take the old parts with you just to be sure.
  7. Brander

Brander New Member

Thanks, I will take the parts with me, but how do I look for a match, by manufacturer and comparing appearance?
  8. Dan Pick

Dan Pick New Member

9. colej55

colej55 New Member

I replaced mine, but there is no change in the water flow. About half of the water still pours out the tub spout. any ideas?