Delta Scald Guard, What brand valve is this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Shawn60142

Reaction score
The tub faucet won't shut off anymore - was going to try and replace the cartridge and/or washers but I need to know what make or model it is so I can get replacement parts. The front of the valve doesn't look like anything I've seen before.

delta-scaldguard-shawn-1.jpg
delta-scaldguard-shawn-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Delta "Scald Guard" The "cartridge is available at almost any hardware or big box store, along with the little rubber seats and springs that go under it. It may also be advisable to get a new "pressure balancing spool" and replace yours. It is that slotted cap to the right of the valve.

delta-rp1991.jpg

delta-rp7577.jpg

delta-h79.jpg

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Shawn60142

Reaction score
Delta "Scald Guard" The "cartridge is available at almost any hardware or big box store, along with the little rubber seats and springs that go under it. It may also be advisable to get a new "pressure balancing spool" and replace yours. It is that slotted cap to the right of the valve.

Thanks so much!

delta-scald-guard-5.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks