Delta r4707 rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

madmac

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I'm installing these taps. Someone told me that I cant mount these on the deck. The instructions call for a deck mount with thick tile installation. I sunk the mounting plates flush with the deck. "1" granite will be laid on top.
I'm ready for granite but now I'm doubting this. I'm 99% sure I'm good to go. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• tub filler.JPG
    tub filler.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 565

madmac

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me. There is a 2x4 running right underneath the deck. I definitely see what you mean Terry and I did scratch my head a couple of times until I read the "thick tile installation" it calls for the rough in to be mounted on the deck. Considering there is 1 inch granite going down I would consider this "thick tile". My deck is 3/4 plywood. I countersunk the plates so they are flush. I only have one chance as the redo would be expensive. Can I do this or do I have to remove some of the 2x4 and mount underneath? Thoughts?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Okay, I looked closer at the instructions.

delta-r4707-6.jpg

The cardboard tubes should be used,

delta-r4707-7.jpg

The the top washers go back on the finished tile.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks