Delta Multichoice universal valve with stops

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew21

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just purchased this and will mount this soon in the shower area.

I was looking at where the hot and cold water enter into this valve. Inside, where the stops are, seems that not much water would go through. I do know water will flow through this but if I had the one without the stops, wouldn't this have even more water coming in/out?

Confusing..I know. I'll post a picture for you guys. :)

rp50366-stops.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew21

Reaction score
I just went to Home Depot and found the return/damage cart. Found a valve without stops. Looks the same! sorry!

But I will ask a few more questions about the installation to see if I'm doing this correctly. thanks!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Good luck using that valve from the "return cart". High chance there are parts missing.

The stops would not affect the shower at all, and would not affect the tub fill in any major way. It is true that for a single family home where the main water can be turned off readily, the stops perhaps represent on more fitting that could leak over time. I generally opt not to use them in such cases.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Forget about the stops. The Delta faucet can be repaired without removing the large trim plate, so the repair person would not normally even know they were there, and would not want to go through the process of removing the plate even if he did know about them, and that assumes they are still movable by that time.

index.php

For crimp PEX supplies

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew21

Reaction score
Forget about the stops. The Delta faucet can be repaired without removing the large trim plate, so the repair person would not normally even know they were there, and would not want to go through the process of removing the plate even if he did know about them, and that assumes they are still movable by that time.

HJ,
Yeah, I might go and return it and get the one without the stops.Looks like problems in the future with leaks from the plugs like what Jimbo said.

Thanks all. I'll post up a pic of my progress.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks