Delta Monitor 1500 (I Think) can I update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Manicmechanic

Reaction score
A Lady at work has asked for my help in working on on old Delta Monitor Shower/Tub faucet. It has water pressure adjust and separate temp. control and is leaking (to say the least) and has been gutted of the scald control on the temp controller. Can I regut the rough in housing with a newer faucet assembly since parts are hard to find for this unit?

delta-1500-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It does look like a 1500. The converson trim kits are RP29405 ( chrome ) or RP29406CB or RP29406PB. The cartridge is RP32104, which has stem adapters to make it work with the 1700 trim conversion kits. I think the conversion kit numbers I mentioned INCLUDE a cartridge.

The 2300 is a two handle set.

Manicmechanic

Reaction score
It does look like a 1500. The converson trim kits are RP29405 ( chrome ) or RP29406CB or RP29406PB. The cartridge is RP32104, which has stem adapters to make it work with the 1700 trim conversion kits. I think the conversion kit numbers I mentioned INCLUDE a cartridge.

The 2300 is a two handle set.

Success, I ordered the RP29405 from HD online and installed it yesterday. The only issue was that it doesn't come with a handle as Delta offers 4 choices of handles and the local HD had nothing. A local Plumbing Supply company had 1 and luckily it was chrome. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, both with the correct model and a replacement kit.

delta-rp29405.jpg

delta-1500-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Weel HJ, in this case since your advise was free, you were good for nothing, but you are hardly a bum!:p Merry Christmas!:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks