Delta Monitor 1800 dripping

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by delphiniumdiva, Sep 18, 2010.

1. delphiniumdiva

delphiniumdiva New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Hey! Any advice on how to fix a dripping 1800 series Delta Monitor? Is is the same seat and spring situation as the other Delta Monitor series?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    1800 is a new number to me, but there are several ways a Delta cartridge can leak, so you have to start with the seats and springs.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    Not familiar with that series, but the 1700 series I put in recently had slight scratches on the back of the cartridge sealing surface (made of SS). Regardless of the seals, it would not stop leaking, so I needed to replace the cartridge (brand new) with another one. Luckily, Delta sent it for free.