Delta Lahara Roman Tub Faucet Installation ( faucet replacement )

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Delta makes a nice Roman Tub. The R2707 rough works with several trims. Below is the Delta Lahara T2738 trim in chrome. I like that you can tighten or snug up the faucet from above once the handles are pulled. It just takes a screwdriver on two screws that are visible from the top of the tub.

tub_auclair_01.jpg

This faucet had 1/2" copper running to it, and I used short lengths of 1/2" PEX for the final connect. The old faucet needed replacement, as the hot side was no longer working, and it took a long time to fill when it had been working. I think the Delta Lahara was a good style choice too.

tub_auclair_02.jpg

Thank goodness for access. I was able to get my shoulders below the tub on this one.

tub_auclair_03.jpg

Oh, and what did the old stuff look like?

tub_auclair_04.jpg

Maybe a little dated.

tub_auclair_05.jpg

Tiny little tubing for a Roman Tub Faucet here. And lav supplies. All of this was removed for the replacement above.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
harris_roman_tub_gold.jpg

Do you have gold fixtures in the bathroom. Here is owner is getting ready to sell and is switching out for Oil rubbed Bronze.

harris_roman_tub_1.jpg

New Delta Roman Tub faucet and new trim for the drain assembly.

harris_roman_tub_2.jpg

A few tiles removed, which will then be replaced.

harris_roman_tub_3.jpg

The old tub spout with tiny 3/8" tubing.

harris_roman_tub_4.jpg

The new with 1/2"
The tub now fills much faster.

madmac

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me. I definitely see what you mean Terry except I cant mount underneath as there is a 2x4 underneath the deck. I looked at the instructions and scratched my head a few times until I got to the "thick tile installation" part. If you look at it calls for the rough in to be mounted on top. Considering there is 1 inch of granite I would consider this thick tile. The deck is 3/4 plywood. It's just counter sunk into the deck. I was hoping this would work as only have 1 shot at it I want to be sure. It could be a very expensive redo. Thoughts?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks