Delta Knob Removal Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Noxious

Reaction score
My shower head is constantly dripping and I need to replace the seals/cartridge inside the handle. I have removed the center screw from the knob/handle and pulled with more force than I felt comfortable doing and it sill wont budge. I don't see any set screws or anything else holding it in. Anyone know how to remove this knob without breaking the pipes?

Attachments

• IMG_1375.JPG
    IMG_1375.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 166
Reaction score
Don't forget to get a can of PB Blaster too, every household should have one.

Soak it a bit, leave it overnight, you may not even need that puller.

But if you are getting the puller anything, the PB Blaster will make it easier. And you'll find use for PB Blaster for the rest of your lifetime.
7081146_blr_16pb_pri_larg.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
When I have had that problem with those handles, (they can be VERY tight), I had to put a hollow head "cap screw" in the stem first to give the puller's pin something to push against, rather than forcing it into the screw hole in the stem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks