Delta Kitchen Faucet Wobble

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by themp, Jan 2, 2009.

1. themp

themp New Member

I am installing a new Delta Kitchen Faucet:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=128380-72981-418WF

on a new Elkay stainless double bowl sink. It turns out that the outside two holes are 1/16 of an inch higher than the center hole. Thus, when I tighen the faucet down with the two plastic screw nuts, the faucet wobbles front to back. I have a 1/16 inch gap in the center along the three holes using a straight edge. I have tried to use the mounting clips on the sink to level it out with no luck.

Any ideas other than messing with caulk on this or maybe trimming the gasket it came with on the left and right side?

Thanks, Tom
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

Without a center fastener to pull the sink up, there is no way to solve your problem. You seem to have a defective sink, which should never have been sold. If you keep it, then the company made money on it rather than scrapping it, (which is a common situation with many items from ANY of the big box stores. Quality control inspections seem to be poor or nonexistent for their items). I would return the sink and get a good one.
  3. themp

themp New Member

hj, thanks for the comments. I agree it was defective, but got it for a steal at Home Depot becuase they were dropping this Elkay model. It was 18 gauge with nice soundproofing and the last one left. I ended up buying a Delta faucet with a center mount screw and two side mount plastic screws. This pulled it nice and tight.

Tom