Delta Faucet Repair

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Dwiezal, May 15, 2006.

1. Dwiezal

Dwiezal New Member

I have been attempting to repair a leaky Delta Classic batroom tub faucet. This WE I replaced both the springs and rubber bushings, then, when the drip did not stop, I replaced the valves (Delta Type C) themselves. The leak is now worse. What alternative repairs are there?

Jb
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

You will find a master repair kit with with everything in it. Get that and get the Delta brand, not an off brand. That should take care of it as long as it is the same as the original.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

delta

That is all there is to change, so either you are assembling it incorrectly, or you have the wrong parts for that particular faucet.
  4. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

Is this a two handle or a one handle faucet. I'm guessing that you replaces "stems" and that's good. There are two sets of springs and washers that come in kits. Some kits have one kind or the other, and there not interchangeable. Some kits have both kinds....Buy the kit marked with the Delta logo and not an off brand.

Also try rolling up a piece of emery cloth and sand the hole that the washer and spring fit into before reassembly.
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Deltas are not usually troublesome like this. If the faucet is pre-1972 it uses the longer cylindrical spring, and post72 uses the short tapered spring. I sometimes carefully stretch the spring just slightly.
  6. Dwiezal

Dwiezal New Member

Thank you, I'm not sure it was a Delta brand replacement part, I'll have to check. I also believe it was almost certainly a pre-1972 spring, so I'll have to look for the earlier set.