Delta dual spray touch-clean showerhead?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by budseibert, Jan 23, 2006.

1. budseibert

budseibert New Member

I just got a Delta single handle bath valve installed in a new shower. It has a Delta "dual spay touch-clean" shower head (Delta RP28601).

Everything seems to work fine. Except the shower head drips out a good bit of water after the shower is shut off. I took off the head and some water dripped out of the pipe but stopped after a dozen or so drips.

The shower head seems large compared to others. Is this just residual water left in the head after the shower's cut off?

I also notice that as the shower head is "emptying" after the shower valve is closed, if water is turned on elsewhere in the house the dripping gets a little quicker.

Regardless, once the showerhead empties, no more water comes out.

I don't mean to be a worry wart, but I had new copper lines installed under the house at the same time and have had some other problems (hammer, etc.) and I'm a little spooked by the quality of my install.

thanks.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If it stops dripping, then the valve is not leaking. You should be okay. My unprofessional opinion.